Value Adjustment Board

Value Adjustment Board

Invalid Captcha, please try again.

Value Adjustment Board

Your Property Appraiser, A. Michael Hickox, is committed to fairly and equitably assessing all properties in Nassau County.  We ask that you first contact our office and meet with an appraiser and/or your Property Appraiser, Mr. Hickox.  If after meeting and examining all the relevant data, you still feel that your market value is incorrect or you have an exemption or agricultural classification issue that you feel cannot be resolved, you have the right to file a petition to be heard before the Value Adjustment Board.

If petitioning the Value Adjustment Board, you must file your petition with the Clerk of the Court's office on or before the 25th day following the mailing of notice of proposed taxes.  You may contact the Clerk's office at 904-548-4600 for information and instructions for filing your petition.  Petition forms are available on the web at, at the Clerk of Court’s office, at the Property Appraiser’s office, and on our website under Forms.  The petition must be filed with the VAB Clerk at the Clerk of Court’s office at the Nassau County Judicial Annex, 76347 Veterans Way, Yulee, Florida, 32097.

Per Florida Statute 194, during the hearing, both you and the Property Appraiser's staff will present relevant evidence to the VAB through a Special Magistrate.  Special Magistrates are independent industry professionals selected to hear evidence from both sides of an appeal and recommend decisions to the VAB.

The VAB will render a decision based upon the recommendations of the Special Magistrate and will grant or deny the petition.  If your appeal is granted, no further action is required from you.  If your petition is denied, you have the option of accepting the decision or filing a civil law suit in the Circuit Court under the provisions set forth in F.S.194.171. 

Please remember that the Property Appraiser’s office works for the taxpayers of Nassau County according to the Florida Constitution, Statutes, and Laws.  We ask that you contact us with any questions or concerns.  Thank you for allowing us to serve you.                      

VAB Petition

VAB Withdrawal Form